Important update about our Web Design Certificate program
McMaster University Continuing Education is phasing out the current Web Design Certificate program to new students as of Fall 2021. We are committed to assisting our current students in completing the current Certificate program. Web Design courses will continue to be offered up to and including the Winter 2023 term to allow you to complete the program. To complete and graduate from the program, you must complete your final course before or during the Winter 2023 term.
Please check back this program website or subscribe to our mailing list for news and updates.
McMaster University Continuing Education's Web Design Certificate program is one of the only university-level web design certificate programs in Canada, and incorporates the principles and practices of web design with professional skills in demand by employers – communication, collaboration, project planning and execution.
The program is offered entirely online which allows students flexibility and the opportunity to learn from peers and instructors from across the country. This program focuses on helping students develop a strong portfolio for career growth/job search.
Who should take McMaster CCE's Web Design program?
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in web design
- Anyone with a background in graphic design, multimedia, communication, web analytics
- Professionals in marketing, public relations, customer relations, business analysis and consumer research
- Anyone seeking personal and/or professional development in the principles and practices of web design
- Self-employed business people who want to plan, create and maintain a responsive website design
- All courses are delivered online through McMaster’s learning management system.
Why Choose McMaster CCE's Web Design Program?
- Build a professional portfolio of projects.
- Collaborate with peers in a cohort model of delivery.
- Learn from qualified and experienced web designers.
- University-level certificate program.
Enhance your knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Web design principles and theory;
- Communication and writing principles for the web;
- Database/Data-driven websites such as PHP, SQL, XML;
- Responsive web design;
- Project planning and management;
- New and emerging trends; and much more!
Certificate in Web Design Requirements
- Successful completion of all 5 courses (15 units of academic credit).
Please contact CCE for consultation to help determine if this program is right for you.
Register for one of our FREE Program Preview Webinars to learn more about our programs.
Learn more about the program in this recording of our latest Program Preview Webinar: