Associateship in Canadian Surety Bonding Certificate is an open enrolment
program. Potential learners are not required to apply to the program for
admission; however, in order to comply with the Certificates and Diploma admission policy from Undergraduate Council, students who wish to
enter the program must:
- Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or equivalent;
- Be a mature student as defined in the Undergraduate Calendar of McMaster University; or
- Be deemed an exceptional case by the Centre for Continuing Education.
Students seeking to acquire the Associateship of Canadian Surety Bonding Designation (A.C.S.B.) are required to complete
the Surety Association of Canada’s (SAC) student registration form, which is
located on the SAC website at www.suretycanada.com.
In order to ensure that
students have the basic capabilities necessary to be successful in the
program’s academic courses, learners are required to have the following
pre-requisite knowledge and/or skills:
- Knowledge and skills with general computer applications, such as keyboarding, file management, spreadsheets and word processing;
- Familiarity with internet browsers and web surfing;
- English Language Proficiency requirements: Completion of TOEFL exam with minimum acceptable score of IBT: 86 overall with a minimum score of 20 on each of the four components (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening), valid for 2 years.