*Please note: the Project Management Certificate of Completion will be closing. If you are currently enrolled, or wish to enrol, you will have the opportunity to complete the program during Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms. This means that students have until April 2020 to complete their remaining modules.
As a result, a new fully online Project Management program will launch in Spring 2020. More details to come.
For more information about the program closure and timelines, please visit Project Management Closure FAQs page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to earn a McMaster University Certificate of Completion in Project Management, you must complete all six modules. There are three options for enrolling in the Project Management program: the full cohort, half cohort or individual modules.
Full cohort option
We highly recommend enrolling in the cohort format. This means taking all six modules sequentially in one term.
- Excellent opportunity to build professional connections;
- Build momentum with the content and better your understanding of how everything fits together;
- Significant costs savings! *See Schedule & Fees for details;
- Earn your Certificate of Completion in less than four months.
*Please note that a significant price reduction is offered for the cohort based on the premise that all six modules must be completed within one semester.
Half Cohort Option
1, 2, 3 or Modules 4, 5, 6
In this option, you commit to
completing either the first three modules: PMP 101, 102, and 103, or the second
three: PMP 104, 105 and 106. Substituting modules is not permitted
in this format.
- Complete the six modules in two halves to maintain the momentum of understanding the content and working at a pace that fits your schedule and budget cycle;
- By bundling three modules, you will receive a discounted price rather than taking each course individually or paying for all six modules at once in the full cohort;
- Excellent opportunity to build professional connections.
Note: PMP 101 (or equivalent work experience) is the pre-requisite for all other modules.
You can also take all six modules individually, spread out over multiple terms. The number of courses you take per term is at your discretion, one example is provided below:
If you prefer to follow this option, please be aware of the following:
- In order to earn the Certificate of Completion, you must complete all six modules within a three year period.
- PMP 101, Project Management Fundamentals (or equivalent work experience) is the prerequisite for all other modules. The subsequent modules may be taken in any order.
- Modules 1-3 are offered each term and modules 4-6 are offered in Fall and Winter terms only.
- A five day, in-person, intense exam preparation course.
- A seven-week, five-module professional development program focused on process improvement through the DMAIC method. In person and online learning. Only 5 days required in person. Qualifies for 70PDUs from PMI.