What is happening?
The in-person Project Management Certificate of Completion has been offered through McMaster University Continuing Education since 2010. After careful review, this in-person program will be closed. As a result, a new fully online program will launch in Spring 2020 term.
Why is this happening?
Academic programs undergo a formal review process on a regular basis. This ensures that the curriculum is current and meets the needs of students, professional associations, and potential employers alike. When the program review committee deems that a program should undergo significant changes, it may be decided that the current program should close and a new program should launch.
What does this mean?
Students in the current in-person Project Management Certificate of Completion program will have until April 2020 to complete their program requirements.
What are my options?
There are a number of options for you as a current student to consider:
- Complete your remaining in-person modules in Fall 2019 or Winter 2020.
- New students can take all six in-person modules in Fall 2019 or Winter 2020, or they can take modules 1-3 in Fall 2019 and modules 4-6 in Winter 2020.
After Spring 2020 if students have not completed the six in-person modules, they may present completed modules for possible Transfer of Credit into the new online program. This process will involved discussion with the Program Manager, and the student will need to produce official academic transcripts if modules were completed at another institution.
- As of April 2020 the in-person program will be closed to new and existing students.
- Students in the current in-person program must complete the remaining program requirements by April 2020.
- If you have previously inquired about the program and are considering enrolling in the Fall 2019 term, the early-bird discount deadline to enrol is September 5, 2019.
- If you are considering enrolling in Winter 2020 term, the early-bird discount deadline to enrol is January 6, 2020.
- All Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 dates are on the Project Management program page for your convenience.
- Courses for the new online Project Management program will start Spring 2020. As this program is in development more details will be coming soon.
If you have further questions about the program changes, or the new program, please contact us at:
Phone: 905-525-9140 (ext. 24321)