The Privacy Management program explores the fundamentals of information access and privacy within the context of Canadian laws and regulations. Privacy Management is a flexible online program geared at professionals seeking to learn about Canada's privacy standards and professions responsible for collecting, storing, accessing, and using personal information. The Privacy Management program offers training in privacy management for professional development using practical skills and real-world examples.
- Complete two courses to earn a Certificate of Completion or select individual courses to meet your needs and goals
- Convenient online courses
- Courses teach practical skills and apply real-world examples
- Learn from instructors with industry experience
You'll learn to:
- Describe the principles that govern privacy laws in Canada
- Identify the definitions and types of personal information within various legislative bodies and jurisdictions
- Create an operational plan for information access, use and security
- Comprehend the risks associated with the security of information
- Apply tools and best practices to minimize risk and privacy program management, such as Privacy by Design and Privacy Impact Assessments
- Assess the impact of emerging digital technologies in privacy and security management operations
Who should take this program?
- Professionals seeking to learn about Canada's privacy standards
- Privacy professionals in entry-level or junior roles
- Anyone who handles personal data daily or is responsible for collecting, storing, accessing, and using personal information
- A professional working in the following sectors: healthcare, education, marketing, digital technology, law, finance, and retail
While the Privacy Management program is aligned with skills and competencies identified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) for the Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C) designation, it does not cover all content associated with the certification exam.