The Privacy Management program is offered in a virtual classroom format with online learning components. It is important that you consider the learning format and its suitability for you to ensure that you have a successful learning experience. McMaster University Continuing Education uses the Learning Management System Avenue to Learn to deliver its virtual classroom courses.
Virtual Classroom Format
- Courses are made “live” in Avenue to Learn 3 days prior to course start date.
- Courses offered as a virtual classroom with classes held, as per the scheduled day/time. You should expect to attend class at the same time each week.
- Classes will be held online, using a combination of synchronous, real-time, instructor led sessions, supplemented with asynchronous activities (you complete the work when it's convenient for you).
- Teaching methods could include readings, facilitated discussion boards, videos, narrated presentations, group and individual exercises. You will be interacting with your classmates and your instructor each week.
Considerations for Taking a Virtual Classroom Course
- Your schedule allows you to attend class at the same time each week.
- You prefer interacting with your peers and feeling part of a classroom environment.
- You are comfortable asking for clarification when needed and expressing yourself in written form through email or a discussion board.
- You are able to read the textbook (and the assignments) on your own and understand the concepts.
- You are able to work independently.
- You have a quiet place to complete your work.
- You are comfortable using technology (WebEx or ZOOM)
- You have access to wifi/internet access, mobile device/laptop, microphone, and headphones and/or speakers