Students pursuing the
Certificate in Canadian Payroll Management program, who have completed Introduction to
Payroll Management and/or Applied Payroll Management through the Canadian
Payroll Association may be eligible to apply both courses to the McMaster Certificate
in Canadian Payroll Management for a maximum of two transfer credits (6 units).
Students who have completed
equivalent coursework in introductory management accounting, business finance
and accounting, compensation or organizational behaviour may be eligible to
apply for a maximum of one transfer credit (3 units).
Approved transfer credit will be approved by the
Program Manager based on the following criteria:
- courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- courses must have been taken within the last five years;
- courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade of “65%“or better.
NOTE: You may apply and qualify for only one
of the above options.
In order to assess your transfer credit request, please submit the following documents:
- name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer credit and the name and course number of the CCE course(s) that you would like credit for;
- an official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- if requested, full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- transfer credit requests can be submitted electronically or by hard copy.
It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer credit request.
Please mail to:
Centre for Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Manager, Canadian Payroll Management Certificate
Note: There is a fee of $99 for each Transfer of Credit (once approved by the Program Manager). The price is subject to change.