To be considered
eligible for the My OWN McMaster pathway, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are considered a mature student (as defined by McMaster University). This means you have not attended secondary school or college on a full-time basis for at least two years
- You have not graduated from an undergraduate degree program. If you have completed more than one year of study, certain eligibility
- You meet the minimum age requirement of 21 years
- You have submitted the My OWN McMaster application form and completed all required documentation
- Current undergraduate degree students with McMaster University are not eligible for the My OWN McMaster pathway. These students should consult with their Faculty Academic Advisor about the possibility of applying CCE courses to their degree program.
- Previous undergraduate degree students with McMaster University who
earned 30 units or less may be eligible under certain conditions.
Applicants should review
the admission requirements before submitting the application.
The Centre for Continuing Education does not evaluate admission documentation
unless an application is submitted. Applications are accepted all year.
Applicants must submit a completed
application package which includes the following items:
- Current Resume
- A letter of intent (250-500 words) outlining
reasons for applying to this program, learning goals, and suitability for the
My OWN McMaster pathway
- Official transcripts of all previous academic study from accredited
- Payment of the $59 application fee
Admission status is updated within 4-6 weeks of
CCE’s receipt of the application package.
For detailed instructions on how to submit your application, proceed to https://mcmastercce.ca/application-process.
For a Fall 2021 start:
- Applications open May 1, 2021
- Applications close September 30, 2021
For a Winter 2022 start:
- Applications open October 1, 2021
- Applications close January 31, 2022
For a Spring 2022 start:
- Applications open February 1, 2022
- Applications close April 30, 2022
Have you already applied and been accepted? Congratulations, now it's time to enrol!