To be considered eligible for the MyOWNMac degree pathway, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are considered a mature student (as defined by McMaster University). This means you have not attended secondary school or college on a full-time basis for at least two years;
- You have not graduated from an undergraduate degree program;
- You meet the minimum age requirement of 21 years;
- You have submitted the My OWN McMaster application form and completed all required documentation.
- Create an Application account, if you do not have a MAC ID.
- Identify the specific program to which you want to apply.
- Select the term in which you wish to begin your studies (i.e. Fall 2016). If the program is not offered in the term you selected, or if the program is no longer accepting students, a notice will be shown.
- Collect all of your information required for the application:
Be sure to have the files saved to your computer to complete the upload process.
- Current Resume;
- 1 page letter of intent (250-500 words) outlining reasons for applying to this program, learning goals,
and suitability for the My OWN McMaster pathway; and,
- Official transcripts of previous academic study from an accredited institution.
- Save the information on the application pages before you proceed to the next item.
- Pay the $59 application fee. (Payable by credit or debit online.)
After paying application fee, you must ensure you submit your application.
You will receive an email confirmation once your application has been submitted successfully to CCE. If you do not receive this email, login to the Student Center.
If you wish to pay by cheque, contact CCE staff to request a paper application which you may submit by mail, with payment.
Your application will not be processed until payment is received.
Only applications with all required documentation will be reviewed. Applicants will be notified by email of their application/admission status within 4-6 weeks of CCE’s receipt of the application package.
Admission to the Faculty of Humanities
My OWN McMaster pathway students are expected to meet the academic standards and requirements set out by the Centre for Continuing Education and the Faculty of Humanities, History Department.
In order to be admitted to degree studies upon completion of 60 units of study with CCE, students must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a Business Communications course (3 units);
- A minimum cumulative average (diploma + elective credit) of B+ (77%; Grade point 9 on McMaster’s grade point scale)