Attendance & Participation
Completion of the “Green Belt” Certificate of Completion requires 90% attendance and participation in all learning modules.
Cancellations & Refunds
To withdraw from the cohort program, please provide written notification to CCE via fax or email (and include contact info).
The refund policy is as follows:
For purposes of refunds, the day refers to the calendar day, beginning at 12:00 am, regardless when the course starts.
1 day before ends at 11:59 pm on the calendar day before.
Class start date at 12:01 a.m. = “Day 0”
The Centre for Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel the program due to low enrolment or other factors.
- 20 days or more before the start date: 100% course fee refund
- 7-19 days before start date: 70% course fee refund
- 0-6 days before the start date: no refund; no transfer - no exceptions
Professional Development courses do not qualify to receive tax receipts for course fees.
Tuition Assistance (for McMaster University employees)
Registration in this program will not be confirmed until tuition assistance has been confirmed, and the difference in tuition has been paid by the individual or their department (if there is a balance over and above what is covered by tuition assistance).
Please note that CCE Staff cannot confirm your confidential Tuition Assistance information or status for you. You are asked to communicate directly with your HR Representative. At your sole discretion, you may also copy the Program Associate and/or Program Manager on your communications with HR as a means of
- Please complete and sign a tuition assistance form, and note the amount you are requesting on the form.
- Review the request with your Supervisor, and request signature for your tuition assistance form.
- Submit signed tuition assistance form to your designated HR Representative.
- To start the enrolment process, click the “Enrol Today” button on the top right hand corner of this page. Select “McMaster Employee” and enter requested information. This will let us know that you are interested in joining the program, and we will assume you have initiated the your tuition assistance request with HR.
- If you haven’t received a response from HR within 1-2 weeks, please follow up directly with your HR Representative by email. Please also contact the Program Associate for this program to provide an update on your status if the program start date is close.
- Once you have received your tuition assistance form from HR, including confirmation of the amount you are requesting, you may submit to CCE via fax or email.
- To complete the registration process, CCE will require your completed tuition assistance form (including confirmation from HR regarding the amount you are requesting along with the remaining balance, if applicable). The balance may be paid by you or your department if you are receiving partial sponsorship.
Instructors are not able to approve special requests regarding tuition, missing modules, or missing time from class. Please direct all such queries in writing to the Program Manager.
The instructor for the Lean Six Sigma Program may change from the information posted to the course website, or print catalogues/brochures. All instructors for the program are qualified subject matter experts.