As the demand for highly-skilled human resources professionals grows, future-proof your career with the right skills and knowledge to get ahead. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current human resources position or break into this rewarding field, let us help you achieve your career goals.
With many of our courses satisfying the academic requirements to obtaining CHRP and CHRL designations, our program options can help expand your professional skillset and work in rewarding careers such as:
- Career Transition
- Human Resources (Generalist or Manager)
- Labour Relations
- Organizational Development
- Training and Development
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
- Workplace Accommodations
Graduates in Human Resources Management have a promising career ahead of them:
Two ways to pursue Human Resources with McMaster Continuing Education:
- Earn your diploma in as little as 9 courses through online, blended or in-person formats
- Many courses are approved by the Human Resources Professional AssociationTM
- Experiential Learning projects offered in certain courses
2. NEW! Online Human Resources Certificate of Professional Learning
Learn essential HR skills to get ahead in your career and earn a Certificate of Professional Learning in as few as
3 courses. For more information, please visit:
Hear from one of our graduates, Tavneet, on her new career and experience at McMaster Continuing Education:
Why Choose the Human Resources Management Program?
At McMaster Continuing Education , you will:
- Gain university-level knowledge and applied skills in key human resources disciplines
- Achieve work-study-life balance with our variety of formats available and timelines for studies (part-time, or fast-track studies, and learn online, blended or in-person)
- Collaborate with peers on real-life human resources projects, dilemmas and exercises
- Network with professionals to boost your career opportunities
- Learn from instructors with a wide range of practical experience in Human Resources
- Be able to transfer credits from previous courses you have completed
Hear from Rita May who chose McMaster and her experience in the Human Resources Management program:
At the end of this program, you will be set for success in your future career in Human Resources by being able to:
- Use effective communication strategies
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical principles as applied to the human resources profession
- Recognize appropriate organizational, legal, and professional policies that regulate human resources professionals
- Appreciate the connection of human resources practices with organizational structure, strategy and culture
- Identify tools, techniques and processes to collect, use and analyze human resources information and data
- Apply innovative and critical approaches to business and human resources issues
Who should take the Human Resources Management Program?
- anyone wishing to pursue a career in human resources
- professionals pursuing a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP™) designation or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL™)
- managers who want to gain confidence in Human Resources issues
There is no formal admission procedure. You should make sure that you fulfill the admission requirements before enrolling (See “Admission Requirements” on the left-hand menu.). Students should register for courses at least three weeks before they begin.
Please contact us for consultation to help determine if this program is right for you.