Are you looking to improve your knowledge of health research methodology and acquire the fundamental skills necessary to successfully initiate, carry out, and complete a research study? The Fundamentals of Health Research Methodology course can provide you with the opportunity to connect with health professionals across a variety of disciplines and develop knowledge and skills you need to effectively complete research studies in your field.
The Fundamentals of Health Research Methodology is a non-credit course affiliated with the Faculty of Health Sciences (Department of Anesthesia). The course can be completed over a 10-week term, and is applicable to anyone with an interest in health research.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion
- Convenient online platform
- Open enrolment, no application required
- Learn from experienced instructors and researchers
- Connect with health professionals across various disciplines
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Distinguish the main types of health research design to select the most appropriate design for a research project
- Explain the hierarchy of evidence based on a study design and its implications in health research
- Critically appraise health research literature for validity and application of research outcomes
- Interpret basic statistical findings reported in clinical studies
- Formulate an answerable question using the "Participants, Interventions, Comparisons, Outcomes" (PICO) framework
- Develop a research proposal using health research methods and approaches
- Identify strategies of knowledge translation, including writing and publishing manuscripts
Who Should Take This Program?
This program is designed for health professionals such as
- Medical students
- Nursing and health students
- Research coordinators
- Research assistants
- Any health professional who requires a solid foundation in health research methodology in order to successfully initiate, carry out, and complete a research study