Transfer Credit from Other Institutions or McMaster Faculties
- A maximum of 2 transfer course credits is permitted for the Health Information Management Diploma program, and the Health Information Management Plus program. This does not include CHALearning coding courses.
- Transfer credits are not permitted for the Health Information Certificate program.
- If you require more information, please be sure to contact us.
The following general conditions apply:
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- Courses must have been taken within the last five years;
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade;
- You must obtain a “C-“ or better to be eligible;
- You may only apply external transfer of credit to one Certificate or Diploma program;
- Advanced standing will not be granted until you register in a program;
- Transfer credits approved but not paid for within one (1) year of approval may be rescinded; and,
- You will be charged a fee of $99 per course.
Transfer Credit Request Process:
credit requests may be submitted upon admission to the program. Transfer credits are not pre-assessed prior
to submission of a program application. In
order to assess your transfer of credit request, please submit the following
- Name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer of credit and the name and course number of the McMaster Continuing Education course(s) that you would like credit for;
- An official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- Full course outline(s) from the external course. The outline must include course
description, course objectives, assessment criteria, and weekly content covered;
- Transfer of credit requests can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by hard copy.
Submitting a Transfer of Credit Request
Please Note: It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer of credit request.
Please mail all required documentation to:
Attention: Program Associate, Health Information Management
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada