Managing the Evolution of Health Delivery
Learn about the management of health information in
terms of industry standards for data collection, usage, and analysis, privacy
and security, and the integration of health information systems.
how electronic information management is revolutionizing health care within various sites
and service sectors.
Why Choose McMaster CCE's Health Information Management Program?
Program participants will:
- Explore, learn and apply their
knowledge and skills in a dynamic, online learning environment
- Establish a network of professionals from diverse education and work experiences, as participants collaborate with students across Canada
- Have the option to select a Certificate or Diploma option to meet your education and professional requirements.
Upon successful completion of specific program requirements, participants will be eligible for a McMaster University Certificate in Health Information or a McMaster Diploma in Health Information Management.
Health Information Management Program Overview
- University-level 36- or 42-hour courses
- Part-time program with professional networking opportunities
- Finish in 2 years with summers off
- Designed in consultation with professional associations
Please Note: The program is not a CHIMA accredited
education program at this time.
What You Will Study
- Professional standards and regulations
- Privacy, confidentiality and security
- Records management
- Information systems
- Data management and analysis
- Ethics and professionalism
- Organizational behaviour in health care
- Managing privacy and security
- Quality assurance
- And more.
Who Should Take the Health Information Management Program?
- Health care professionals seeking second career or a new career pathway
- Information professionals seeking education to supplement their existing career
- Data analysts
- Computer/IT professionals employed in Health Information systems development
- Health Information managers and Health Informatics professionals looking to upgrade previous education
- International professionals seeking Canadian education in Health Information Management.
Please contact CCE for consultation to help determine if this
program is right for you.
Watch our Program Preview for Health Informatics, Health Information Management and Health Information Systems: