Program Admission Requirements
In compliance with the Certificates and Diploma
admission policy from Undergraduate Council, learners who wish to enter the
Diploma in Health Information Management, or the Diploma in Health Informatics
must have one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree, diploma, or equivalent, from an accredited University or College;
- Be a mature learner as defined in the Undergraduate Calendar of McMaster University; or,
- Be deemed an exceptional case by the Centre for Continuing Education.
Applicants should review the detailed admission requirements before submitting the application in order to review what
documentation is required.
In order to ensure that learners have the basic
capabilities necessary to be successful in the programs' academic courses, it
is recommended that learners have the following prerequisite knowledge, skills,
or course completion:
- Knowledge and skills with introductory level courses in computer applications, such as spreadsheets, word processing and programming;
- Database knowledge;
- Knowledge and skills in statistics, and mathematical literacy;
Successful completion of HTH 100 Understanding the Canadian Healthcare System*, equivalent course, or equivalent professional experience in the healthcare industry;
- English language requirements (if applicable)
*Missing this prerequisite course? Visit the Foundations in Canadian Health page for course
information and registration details.