Learn to apply the principles and practices of data analytics to healthcare data.
healthcare industry collects vast amounts of health data. Analysis of this data
informs important decisions related to healthcare delivery, evaluation, and
quality management. The Health Analytics program teaches you how
to collect, analyze, and report using health data in common
statistical, programming, and software tools.
This course is ideal for those
interested in seeking a data analytics position or advancement in the healthcare
industry. Courses are available to suit your own academic and professional
goals. You can take them individually or earn a Certificate of Completion by
completing three courses.
- Identify and explain the primary components of the Canadian healthcare system
- Explore the different types of health information and information systems used to collect, store, assess, distribute, and protect health data
- Apply statistical analysis to sets of healthcare data
- Use standard statistical tools and software programs for analysis and data visualization
- Assess how health data is used in the healthcare system by key decision‐makers, quality and risk managers
- Investigate the application of big data and machine learning practices for health data analysis
Who should take this program?
- Healthcare workers seeking to expand their professional roles
- Data Analysts seeking positions in the healthcare sector
Potential Career Outcomes
- Clinical Informatics Analyst
- Health Data Analyst
- Planning Analyst
- Health Information Analyst
- Analyst – Privacy and Access Operations
- Billing Analyst
- Data Analyst – Health Surveillance