Courses completed at other post-secondary educational institutions are eligible up to 9 units of transfer towards the diploma, following our standard transfer credit policies. Application for transfer of credit must be made to the Program Associate. The certificate program does not accept transfer of credit.
The following conditions apply:
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom hours
- Courses must be listed on an official transcript with a grade; a final grade of C- or better.
- Courses must have been taken within the last five years.
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution.
- As per McMaster University Senate policy (May 2017), a course can
be used no more than two times towards a McMaster University
credential. At McMaster, the term credential refers to a certificate, a
certificate of completion, a diploma, a MyOWNMcMaster milestone, and an
If you require more information, please be sure to contact us.