Students should select the appropriate program to
complete based on their academic and professional pathways. Consult the
chart for the maximum number of transfer credits permitted for the Foundations
of Analytics programs.
Foundations of Analytics Business Intelligence, Data Analysis and Data Science (15 unit academic credential)
A maximum of 6 units (2 courses) of transfer credit
may be applied to the Certificate
Certificates of Completion
(9 unit academic professional development credential each)
- Foundations of Analytics: Business Intelligenc
- Foundations of Analytics: Data Analysis
- Foundations of Analytics: Data Science
A maximum of 3 units (1 course) of transfer credit
may be applied to a Certificate of Completion.
graduate of one Foundations of Analytics Certificate of Completion may
apply those courses to the Certificate option.
Prior academic study may be considered for transfer credit to be applied to the requirements of a program. The following conditions must be met in order for a transfer credit approval.
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours
- Courses must have been taken within the last five years
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a minimum grade of C- or better
- An approved transfer credit may be applied to only one CCE academic program; and
- Received payment of $99 per course
Note: Transfer credits approved but not paid for within one (1) year of approval may be rescinded
In order to assess your transfer of credit request, please submit the following documents:
- Name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer of credit and the name and course number of the CCE course(s) that you would like credit for
- An official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s)
- If requested, full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered)
Transfer of credit requests can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by hard copy.
Future Degree Studies - McMaster University
Students who successfully complete the Foundations of Analytics programs and wish to pursue degree studies at McMaster University may be eligible to receive up to 15 units (Certificate) or 9 units (Certificate of Completion) of undergraduate academic credit, as determined by the Faculty to which they are applying. Students must have completed their program and be accepted into the Faculty before this advanced standing is granted.
For application information to degree studies, visit the Registrar's website.