As a newcomer to Canada, finding a job may be a little different than what you are used to. Understanding what these cultural differences and knowing how to navigate the Canadian job market will help you improve your job search, skills and lead you to a more successful outcome - getting a job!
That's why McMaster University Continuing Education has
partnered with Devant to offer you the Employability Skills and Cultural
Fluency for the Canadian Workplace course. Devant provides essential support
and guidance for committed international students who want to stay, work, and
succeed in Canada. Devant’s instructors provide thought leadership focussed on
internationalization, research, cognitive diversity skills training, and
strategic consulting to the classrooms and throughout the communities they
Help improve your
chances of finding employment in Canada as a new immigrant with this 12-hour
in-person short course that will teach you:
- Where the jobs are in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA)
- The key skills that employers are looking for in today's marketplace
- The importance of developing your soft skills and how to develop your personal brand
- Understand the concepts of the "hidden job market", "employability skills" and "networking"
Get the skills you need to gain a competitive edge when looking for employment.
1) Jobs in
Demand (the GTHA)
Jobs Overview (Burning Glass)
Understanding the Hidden Job Market
Skills in Demand
Cultural Fluency and Cognitive Diversity using One Smart World 4DI
Pathway to Permanent Residency
The Job Hunting Process
Who Should Take This Course?
- Recent newcomers
- Foreign educated professionals
- International students seeking full-time or part-time work in Canada