Transfer credits are only accepted for the Data Analytics Certificate program.
You may be eligible to receive a maximum of six (6) units of transfer credit (2 courses) from previous post-secondary studies that can be applied to the Data Analytics Certificate.
The following general conditions apply:
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours.
- Courses must have been taken within the last three years.
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade.
- You may only apply external transfer of credit to one certificate or diploma program. An Approved transfer will not be granted until you start the program by enrolling into the first course.
- You may apply the completed Data Analytics Certificate of Professional Learning courses to the Data Analytics certificate.
- You may only transfer three (3) units of credit (one course) from the Data Analytics certificate stream to the Data Science certificate.
- Transfer credit is not permitted for the Data Analytics Certificate of Professional Learning.
- Transfer credits approved but not paid for within one (1) year of approval may be rescinded; and, you will be charged a fee of $99 per course.
Please submit the following documents for McMaster Continuing Education to assess your transfer of credit request:
- Name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer of credit and the name and course number of the McMaster Continuing Education course(s) that you would like credit for;
- An official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- Full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- Transfer of credit requests can be submitted electronically to email@example.com, or by mail at the address listed below. It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer of credit request.
Please mail required information to:
McMaster Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Associate, Data Analytics