Safe Management is a Canadian company based in Oakville
providing a variety of safety training programs to community and health care
agencies/institutions. Trainings are provided by Safe Management facilitators
The primary goal of the course is to reduce risk and increase safety in
professional community service and health care settings. Crisis Prevention
Training focuses on crisis prevention and crisis management strategies,
including aggressive behaviour and physical intervention:
- Risk management (assessing and managing patient, environmental, and
- Relationship management (principles, strategies and techniques –
key to prevention and de-escalation)
- Behaviour management (behaviour profiling, functions of behaviours,
developing plans to manage aggressive clients, etc.)
- Aggression management (client escalation continuum, staff response,
client response, weapons, use of intrusive interventions, de-briefing,
- Physical intervention concepts and interventions
Skills are evaluated and a pass criteria is established both for
de-escalation skills and physical intervention skills.
Who should attend this course?
The Crisis Prevention Training is geared primarily towards
professionals that work with families, children, developmental disabilities,
elder care, health care, and community organizations.
The program is based on
evidence-based practice and techniques developed by a team of psychologists,
behaviour analysts/therapists and martial arts experts.
- Upon successful completion, participants receive a Certificate of Completion.
- This training requires successful participation in a 2.5
hour online program, followed by a 1-day in-class session instructed by Safe
- Please note: Annual re-certification is required.
Safe Management programs are recognized and approved by the Ministry of
Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Child and Family Services.
For full program information, please visit their website.