The final grade is calculated based on the following components:
· Effective Presentations (20%)
· Business Writing and Revising (10%)
· Business Report (30%)
· Change Management Communications Plan (30%)
· Discussion Board Participation (10%)
Assignment 1 - Effective Business Presentations (20%)
· Assignment 1 is a team-based assignment, working in teams, as assigned.
· Prepare and deliver a 20-minute presentation via video conferencing tools (WebEx, Zoom).
Assignment 2 – Business Writing and Revising (10%)
· Assignment 2 is an individual assignment.
· Revise and rewrite a previously written document, incorporating the 3 x 3 writing process.
· Include all editing marks and show the final revised document.
Assignment 3 – Business Report (30%)
· Assignment 3 is an individual assignment. Write a formal analytical business report.
Assignment 4 (2 parts) - Change Management Communications Plan (30%)
· Assignment 4 is a team-based assignment.
1. Change Management Communications Plan (20%)
Construct a brief Change Management Communications Plan that embodies the 3 x 3 writing process and a communication planning formula. Incorporate at least 5 samples of associated business communications that represent effective use of at least 5 different communications channels (i.e. corporate intranet blog post, company e-blast, 3-minute speech to employees, newsletter article, letter to suppliers to name a few.)
2. Change Management Communications Presentation (10%)
Deliver a 25-minute presentation (including PowerPoint) to the class via video conferencing tools (Webex, Zoom), presenting the Communications Plan and a rationale for each change management communication activity, its merits and its message.
**Online Attendance is mandatory to participate and observe classmates’ presentations**
Details of the scope of the assignments will be posted on the class portal.
It is expected that all students will contribute to the learning environment and will actively participate in class, share insights and relevant examples, and ask questions of one another.
Students are expected to articulate their thoughts by applying the course material to relevant real-life examples, references and resources for the benefit of everyone. Participation is via online discussion boards.