Transfer Credit from other institutions or McMaster Faculties
You may be eligible to
receive up to 6 units of transfer credit from previous post-secondary studies
to be applied to the Big Data Analytics program.
The following general conditions
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- Courses must have been taken within the last three years;
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade; a grade of “C-“ or better to be eligible;
- You may only apply external transfer of credit to one Certificate or Diploma program approved transfer will not be granted until you start the program enrolling into first course;
- Transfer credits approved but not paid for within one (1) year of approval may be rescinded; and, you will be charged a fee of $99 per course.
to assess your transfer of credit request, please submit the following
- Name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer of credit and the name and course number of the McMaster Continuing Education course(s) that you would like credit for;
- An official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- Full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- Transfer of credit requests can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by hard copy.
It may take 4-6
weeks to assess your transfer of credit request.
Please mail required information to
Centre for Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Associate, Big Data Analytics