Transfer credits are accepted for the Big Data Programming and Architecture Certificate program only.
You may be eligible to receive a maximum of six (6) units of transfer credit (2 courses) from previous post-secondary studies to be applied to the Big Data Programming and Architecture Certificate.
The following general conditions apply:
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- Courses must have been taken within the last three years;
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade;
- You may only apply external transfer of credit to one Certificate or Diploma program. An Approved transfer will not be granted until you start the program enrolling into the first course;
- You may apply the completed Certificate of Completion or Certificate of Professional Learning in Big Data Programming and Architecture courses to the Certificate in Big Data Programming and Architecture;
- Transfer credit is not permitted for the Big Data Programming and Architecture Certificate of Completion or Certificate of Professional Learning;
- Transfer credits approved but not paid for within one (1) year of approval may be rescinded; and, you will be charged a fee of $99 per course.
In order to assess your transfer of credit request, please submit the following documents:
- Name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer of credit and the name and course number of the McMaster Continuing Education course(s) that you would like credit for;
- An official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- Full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- Transfer of credit requests can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by hard copy.
It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer of credit request.
Please mail required information to:
McMaster Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Associate, Big Data Programming & Architecture