Big Data Programming & Architecture presents an advanced level of topics in the areas of data science, machine learning, and technical/software applications. You’ll learn technical concepts from leading practitioners and benefit from hands-on courses and computer lab training with the latest industry tools. In this program you'll work individually and on teams to complete course projects and build a professional portfolio.
You’ll learn to:
- Translate a business problem into an analytics problem
- Propose, and refine analytical solutions to business problems
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and share data
- Identify relationships in data
- Select problem‐solving techniques and software tools to test analytical solutions
- Work with open source and scalable document database tools to search and manage large data sets efficiently
- Implement cloud computing concepts
- Build a variety of IT infrastructure on the cloud
- Prepare to pursue designation such as the Certified Cloud Practitioner, and Cloud Solutions Architect
The program is designed for professionals and offers evening and/or Saturday courses that allow you to finish in 12-18 months. In as little as one year you’ll be on the fast-track to capitalizing on the rapidly changing digital landscape.
Choose at least five (5) elective courses from the Big Data Programming & Architecture program to complete a minimum of 15 academic credit units and earn a Big Data Programming & Architecture Certificate.
Who should take this program?
This program offers courses with a focus on big data analytics, common open source technologies, and cloud computing platforms to create data infrastructure for students with prior academic and work experience in data analytics, data science, computer science, information technology, software engineering, and other related topics.
This program is a great fit for:
- Graduates with a degree or diploma in science, computer science, technology, mathematics, business, or engineering.
- Professionals with prior academic and work experience in data analytics, data science, computer science, information technology, software engineering, and other related technology streams.
- Employees in finance, insurance, health care, marketing, retail, government, logistics, transportation, information systems, media/entertainment sectors, or other sectors that utilize predictive analytics & Artificial Intelligence.
- Individuals seeking a new career path in big data analytics & architecture, data engineering, cloud technology, and web analytics.
- Professionals currently working in the field of big data and intend to only learn selected new topics in open source big data technologies, common cloud computing platforms, and prepare for professional designations can complete three (3) courses from the Big Data Programming & Architecture program and receive a Certificate of Professional Learning.
Do you require some preparatory training for Big Data Programming & Architecture?
If you are looking for a basic knowledge of programming and statistics, you can start with our basic level courses in the Data Analytics program. Data Science courses are recommended to gain intermediate to advance knowledge of statistics and preliminary knowledge of predictive modelling and Machine Learning.
Are you an existing student or a student admitted to the Big Data Analytics program in the previous term (Spring 2020) and have not started your studies yet?
The Big Data Analytics program and the Foundations of Analytics program will both be closing and will be replaced by our new program offerings in Data Analytics, Data Science, and Big Data Programming & Architecture effective September 1, 2020. No new applications will be accepted. Current students can consider the following program options: