Transfer Credit from other institutions or McMaster faculties
You may be eligible to receive transfer credit from previous post-secondary studies and receive advanced standing in the CCE program that you are pursuing.
- Finance or accounting courses completed at other post-secondary educational institutions may be used for up to FOUR course credits toward the Accounting Diploma.
- Finance or accounting courses completed at other post-secondary educational institutions may be used for up to ONE course credit toward the Certificate in Advanced Accounting.
The following general conditions apply:
- courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- courses must have been taken within the last five years;
- courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade;
- you must obtain a “B-“ or better to be eligible;
- you may only apply external transfer of credit to one Certificate or Diploma program;
- advanced standing will not be granted until you register in a program;
- transfer credits approved but not paid for within six (6) months of approval will be rescinded;
- approved transfer credits may not appear on a student’s transcript until all other program requirements have been satisfied; and
- you will be charged a fee of $99 per course.
In order to assess your transfer credit request, please submit the following documents:
- name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer credit and the name and course number of the CCE course(s) that you would like credit for;
- an official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- if requested, full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- transfer credit requests can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by hard copy.
It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer credit request.
Please mail to:
Centre for Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Manager, Accounting
The McMaster Accounting Diploma and the McMaster Certificate in Advanced Accounting prepare aspiring accountants or other finance professionals for an accounting career in Canada or a Canadian accounting designation such as a CPA. This program is offered in-class and online.