McMaster University's accounting programs can be tailored to meet your needs and help you reach your goals. The programs are designed for anyone wishing to pursue a career in managerial or financial accounting. You are eligible for our programs:
- If you have a degree
- If you don't have a degree
- If you have accounting or finance experience in the workforce
- If you are looking to enter the accounting or finance field
- If you are interested in pursuing a professional designation
- If you are interested in changing careers
Why Choose McMaster's Accounting Program?
Both the Diploma in Accounting and the Certificate in Advanced Accounting were designed in collaboration with McMaster University's DeGroote School of Business and other industry experts.
In this program you will learn to:
No application required. Students should enrol at least three weeks before classes begin.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical practices and professional standards for the accounting profession
- Demonstrate awareness of organizational structure and the role of accounting practices within an organization
- Use effective communication strategies
- Research, calculate, analyze and evaluate accounting information appropriate to financial contexts
- Propose creative and critical options and solutions that align with accounting practices
- Recognize the impact of current economic, political and professional rules and regulations on accounting practices
- Develop knowledge and skills applicable to accounting professional designations
Courses can be taken individually or as part of one of the following pathways:
Please contact CCE for consultation to help determine which pathway is right for you.