McMaster University's accounting programs can be tailored to meet your needs:
- If you have a degree;
- If you don't have a degree;
- If you have accounting or finance experience in the workforce;
- If you are looking to enter the accounting or finance field;
- If you are interested in pursuing a professional designation;
- If you are interested in changing careers.
Both the Diploma in Accounting and the Certificate in Advanced Accounting were designed in collaboration with McMaster University's DeGroote School of Business and other industry experts. In this program you will learn to:
There is no formal admission procedure. Students should register at least three weeks before classes begin.
- demonstrate awareness of ethical practices and professional standards for the accounting profession;
- demonstrate awareness of organizational structure and the role of accounting practices within an organization;
- use effective communication strategies;
- research, calculate, analyze and evaluate accounting information appropriate to financial contexts;
- propose creative and critical options and solutions that align with accounting practices;
- recognize the impact of current economic, political and professional rules and regulations on accounting practices;
- develop knowledge and skills applicable to accounting professional designations.
Who should take this program
- anyone wishing to pursue a career in managerial or financial accounting.
Courses can be taken as part of the Diploma in Accounting , the Certificate in Advanced Accounting , or individually.
The McMaster Accounting Diploma and the McMaster Certificate in Advanced Accounting prepare aspiring accountants or other finance professionals for an accounting career in Canada or a Canadian accounting designation such as a CPA. This program is offered in person and online.