The new McMaster Web Design Certificate program is one of the only university-level web design certificate programs in Canada, and incorporates the principles and practices of web design with professional skills in demand by employers – communication, collaboration, project planning and execution.
The program is offered entirely online which allows students flexibility and the opportunity to learn from peers and instructors from across the country. This program focuses on helping students develop a strong portfolio for career growth/job search.
Who should take the Web Design program
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in web design;
- Anyone with a background in graphic design, multi-media, communication, web analytics;
- Professionals in marketing, public relations, customer relations, business analysis and consumer research;
- Anyone seeking personal and/or professional development in the principles and practices of web design; or,
- Self-employed business people who want to plan, create and maintain a responsive website design.
- All courses are delivered online through McMaster’s learning management system.
- Build a professional portfolio of projects.
- Collaborate with peers in a cohort model of delivery.
- Learn from qualified and experienced web designers.
- University-level certificate program.
Certificate in Web Design Requirements
- Successful completion of all 5 courses (15 units of academic credit).
Enhance your knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Web design principles and theory;
- Communication and writing principles for the web;
- Database/Data-driven websites such as PHP, SQL, XML;
- Responsive web design;
- Project planning and management;
- New and emerging trends; and much more!
Want to learn more? Watch a recording of our recent program preview.?